I am delighted that I found this extremely useful WordPress plugin. It is just a dream come true for a chess blogger, as the diagram creation is so easy and straightforward with it. Many thanks to Yoann Le Montagner, the author.
Why am I so happy about it?
- It works seamlessly with WordPress blocks. Just click the Add Block button, select Chess Diagram, and drag pieces to their positions. That’s it! And you can edit it later, anytime, no need to generate any images.
- The plugin supports the standard PGN format and a full-featured replayer. I will add a sample game at the end of this post to demonstrate how powerful it is.
- You can annotate diagrams with highlights, arrows, comments.
- The plugin is free and open source. No strings attached. If you want to support the author, there is a PayPal donate button at the settings page.
- RPB Chessboard is localized to many languages and still actively developed.
I am pretty confident that I will use it many, many times in my articles.
And now the promised example, the Immortal Game.